The Half-Orc is a Heritage option for the Human Ancestry. However, unlike a typical Heritage, it grants access to a unique combination of Ancestry Feats: Human Feats, Orc Feats, and a small selection of exclusive Half-Orc Feats. Because it’s a Heritage, you can’t combine the Half-Orc with a Versatile Heritage.
Before selecting Half-Orc as your Heritage, strongly consider whether the Adopted Ancestry feat would suffice. Your Heritage is a major decision point, and you may get better results by taking a Heritage and using Adopted Ancestry to get access to the feats you want.
Table of Contents
RPGBOT uses the color coding scheme which has become common among Pathfinder build handbooks.
- : Bad, useless options, or options which are extremely situational. Nearly never useful.
- : OK options, or useful options that only apply in rare circumstances. Useful sometimes.
- : Good options. Useful often.
- : Fantastic options, often essential to the function of your character. Useful very frequently.
Half-Orc Ancestry Feats
- Monstrous PeacemakerCRB: A situational +1 Circumstance bonus. It’s not great, but in some campaigns it might apply to every Persuasion check that you make.
- Orc SightCRB: Darkvision is really good, and you can’t select a versatile heritage to get it while still being a half-orc.
- Overlooked MastermindCG: Trained in one skill and a situational bonus that will only occasionally matter.