Last Updated: April 4, 2022
The RPGBOT blog is the place to find all of the latest announcements, new and updated content, and other fun posts from RPGBOT.
Recent Blog Posts
- Kobold Press’s Tome of Heroes – A ReviewKobold Press’s newly-released Tome of Heroes is an ambitious and meaty supplement packed with over 300 pages of character options for 5e. For players hungry for additional options for building a character, this is an absolute treasure trove.
- Ruins of Symbaroum – A ReviewReview in Summary Ruins of Symbaroum is a 5e conversion of the original d20-based system of Symbaroum released in Sweden in 2014 before being translated to English in 2016. The project is designed by Swedish developer Free League, helmed by Lead Game Designers Mattias Johnsson Haake, Mattias Lilja and Jacob Rodgers. Symbaroum is a unique
- Doomed Forgotten Realms – RPGBOT.News S2E50In this episode of the RPGBOT.News, we welcome returning hero Matt Whitby to discuss his recently-released project, Doomed Forgotten Realms. We dig into what’s happening in a post-apocalyptic version of Faerun, where the players fit in, what strikes you can tell in this doomed world, and how Volo got ghosted.
- Sentient Items – RPGBOT.Podcast S2E49n this episode of the RPGBOT.Podcast, we discuss sentient items in tabletop RPGs. We look at the rules for sentient/intelligent items in DnD and Pathfinder, and we discuss why and how you should bring these items into your game in a way that’s fun without being disruptive.
- DnD 5e – New Echo Knight Fighter HandbookApparently, fate decided that the next class I was going to write a subclass for was Fighter. Since I tend to pick the weird outliers first, this guide is about the Echo Knight, a subclass introduced in Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount. While Mercer tends to create incredible content, there have definitely been an occurrence or two where the game design is a little out of balance with the rest of 5e, and this is one of those cases. This guide contains an updated discussion of the core features, as well as a guide on how you can do really powerful things with the ability to melee attack someone from 30ft away.