Last Updated: September 25, 2022
The RPGBOT blog is the place to find all of the latest announcements, new and updated content, and other fun posts from RPGBOT.
Recent Blog Posts
- One D&D Playtest, Unearthed Arcana: Expert Classesby RPGBOTThis month’s One D&D playtest document covers “expert classes”, which includes the Bard, the Ranger, and the Rogue. WotC has also updated the rules glossary, changing some of the new experimental core rules. As we did last month, we’ll dig into what changed, what it means, and what we think.
- The Monsterizer 1.1.0by RPGBOTIt’s been roughly a year since we officially launched The Monsterizer, the most robust and full-featured monster creator available for DnD 5e. I’ve been making periodic improvements since then. Bug fixes, quality of life stuff, a few feature requests. But I want to go a little bigger for Spooktober.
- Spooktober 2022by RPGBOTFor the month of Spooktober, we here at RPGBOT will be doing all of our usual nonsense, but we’ll also be bringing you some wonderful, spooky, monstrous stuff. The RPGBOT.Podcast will be airing some spooky-adjacent content, and we’ll be posting monsters and monster-related nonsense on twitter.
- High Complexity Creatures – RPGBOT.Podcast S2E78by RPGBOT.PodcastIn this episode of the RPGBOT.Podcast, we discuss running high complexity creatures. Complicated creatures are difficult for DMs/GMs to manage at the table, and can often turn what should be an exciting encounter into a frustrating slog for everyone. We offer some tips and ideas to help you get the most out of what should be your most interesting opponents.
- TTRPG Writing Process with Alan Patrick – RPGBOT.News S2E77by RPGBOT.PodcastIn this episode of the RPGBOT.News, we talk to independent TTRPG writer Alan Patrick, independent TTRPG author. We discuss Alan’s work as a writer, including for organized play groups, Wizards of the Coast, Adventurer’s League, and other publishers including Frog God and Modiphius. Alan explains his writing process, his experiences as a writer, and shares some advice for writing and improving your own adventures.