The RPGBOT.Podcast is a thoughtful and sometimes humorous discussion about tabletop RPGs, seeking to help players get the most out of tabletop games by examining game mechanics and related subjects with a deep, analytic focus.
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, and rate us on Spotify or your favorite podcast app. It’s a quick, free way to support the podcast, and helps us reach new listeners.
Podcast Episodes and Announcements
- Doomed Forgotten Realms – RPGBOT.News S2E50In this episode of the RPGBOT.News, we welcome returning hero Matt Whitby to discuss his recently-released project, Doomed Forgotten Realms. We dig into what’s happening in a post-apocalyptic version of Faerun, where the players fit in, what strikes you can tell in this doomed world, and how Volo got ghosted.
- Sentient Items – RPGBOT.Podcast S2E49n this episode of the RPGBOT.Podcast, we discuss sentient items in tabletop RPGs. We look at the rules for sentient/intelligent items in DnD and Pathfinder, and we discuss why and how you should bring these items into your game in a way that’s fun without being disruptive.
- The Maniculum Podcast – RPGBOT.News S2E48In this episode of the RPGBOT.News, we talk to the hosts of the Maniculum Podcast. We talk about real-world medieval history, real-world mythology, and drawing inspiration for games from those sources. We learn a bit about real-world history, and we compare that to common medieval-esque settings.
- Success – RPGBOT.Podcast S2E47In this episode of the RPGBOT.Podcast, we discuss dice mechanics and representations of success across RPGs. We look at simple systems like DnD’s d20 system, dice pool systems, and more elaborate systems like Fantasy Flight’s Star Wars RPG.
- Ruins of Symbaroum – RPGBOT.News S2E46In this episode of the RPGBOT.Podcast, we discuss the newly-release Ruins of Symbaroum from Free League Publishing. We discuss what sets the game apart from DnD 5e, what players can expect from the game, and we dig into some of the mechanics, including the corruption system at the heart of the game.