The RPGBOT.Podcast is a thoughtful and sometimes humorous discussion about tabletop RPGs, seeking to help players get the most out of tabletop games by examining game mechanics and related subjects with a deep, analytic focus.
The RPGBOT.podcast is hosted by Ash Ely, Randall James, Random Powell, and Tyler Kamstra, and is produced in association with The Leisure Illuminati.
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, and rate us on Spotify or your favorite podcast app. It’s a quick, free way to support the podcast, and helps us reach new listeners.
Podcast Episodes and Announcements
- Fire: Light, Smoke, Damage and then it Starts to get Crazy – RPGBOT.Podcast S3E45On this episode of the RPGBOT.Podcast, we discuss the mechanics of fire in TTRPGs. We look at how fire works and spreads, how various games handle being on fire, and how you can use fire in combat without resorting to spellcasting.
- RPGBOT.Quickstart S3E44 – How to Play Call of Cthulhu – Part 4: Game ReviewOn this episode of the RPGBOT.Quickstart, we have a post-game discussion about our first experiences with Call of Cthulhu. We ask some questions, examine the mechanics after seeing them in action, and share our general thoughts on our first taste of the game.
- ShadowDark RPG Adventure Designer Kelsey Dionne – RPGBOT.News S3E43On this episode of the RPGBOT.News, we talk to Kelsey Dionne, creator of the Shadowdark RPG. We discuss Shadowdark’s design, origins, philosophy, and gameplay, and all the gritty, brutal fun to be had exploring the Shadowdark.
- Familiars, or Why You Shouldn’t Throw the Housecat at a Kobold – RPGBOT.Podcast S3E42On this episode of the RPGBOT.Podcast, we discuss familiars. Every wizard’s favorite little friend, we look at familiars as both a storytelling device and as a mechanical option for spellcasters.
- The Quest Chest Immersive Out-of-the-Box Gaming Experience (w/ Kickstarter Details!) – RPGBOT.News S3E41On this episode of the RPGBOT.News, we talk to the team from Bookwyrm Games about Quest Chest, their immersive boxed adventure experience. We what the existing Quest Chests have to offer, including beautiful props and self-contained adventures, and we get some teasers for Bookwyrm’s upcoming Kickstarter to create more Quest Chests.