The RPGBOT.Podcast is a thoughtful and sometimes humorous discussion about tabletop RPGs, seeking to help players get the most out of tabletop games by examining game mechanics and related subjects with a deep, analytic focus.
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, and rate us on Spotify or your favorite podcast app. It’s a quick, free way to support the podcast, and helps us reach new listeners.
Podcast Episodes and Announcements
- Splitting the Party – RPGBOT.Podcast S2E88On this episode of the RPGBOT.Podcast, we discuss splitting the party. Perhaps the greatest mistake a party can make in TTRPGs, can we make splitting the party interesting and fun while avoiding problems which can grind the game to a halt and lead to character deaths? Yes, we can, and we discuss how.
- Cosmic Horror – RPGBOT.Podcast S2E86On this episode of the RPGBOT.Podcast, we discuss cosmic horror. Famous for spooky tentacles and grotesque monsters, cosmic horror as a specific subgenre of horror has a lot to offer. We discuss what defines the genre and how you can execute a successful cosmic horror game.
- Uncaged Goddesses – RPGBOT.News S2E85In this episode of the RPGBOT.News, we welcome the team behind the Ennie award-winning Uncaged Goddesses. We talk to David, Gwen, and Jess about portraying female deities in an exciting new light, the history of Uncaged, and their new venture Unseelie Studios.
- Chases – RPGBOT.News S2E84On this episode of the RPGBOT.Podcast, we discuss chases. We examine chase mechanics across several RPGs, discuss what does and doesn’t work about each system, and look for ways to assemble a satisfying chase system from our favorite parts.
- Shelly Mazanoble and Greg Tito Get Real About Dragon Talk – RPGBOT.News S2E83In this episode of the RPGBOT.News, we welcome Greg Tito and Shelly Mazanoble from the Dragon Talk podcast. We discuss Shelly and Greg’s work on the official D&D podcast, their upcoming book on the subject, Welcome to Dragon Talk, and 400+ episodes of lifting up the D&D community.