Pathfinder - Power Levels
The power level of your characters isn't strictly measured in class levels. How a character is built might make them dramatically more or less effective than their level would imply. Allowing additional character options allows for more potent builds and more powerful characters. As such, I generally tend to restrict what options are available to my players. To facilitate this, I have specified several "Power Levels" to quickly denote what is available in the game.
Higher power levels allow progressively more power gaming, which not all players enjoy. If all of your players are power gamers, they may enjoy high power level games. If only a few of your players are power gamers, you may find that lower power levels allow non-power gamers to keep up with the rest of the party without too much additional effort.
- Restricted: Any content on the official Paizo SRD is available, with the exception of content from the Advanced Races Guide. Ultimate Campaign content is available subject to GM approval.
- Pathfinder: Any content on the official Paizo SRD is available
- Pathfinder Society: All content available under the official Pathfinder Society content guidelines is available.
- Pathfinder Unlimited: All official Paizo Pathfinder content is permissible.
- 3-point-finder: All official Paizo Pathfinder and WotC 3.5 content is permissible. Any content which was rewritten in Pathfinder uses the Pathfinder version.
- 3-point-finder plus: As 3-point-finder, but players may choose which version of specific content to use in the case of conflicts. The player's choice for that item is permanent.