Pathfinder 2e - The Half-Orc Handbook
Last Updated: August 22nd, 2019
I will use the color coding scheme which has become common among Pathfinder build handbooks.
- Red: Bad, useless options, or options which are extremely situational.
- Orange: OK options, or useful options that only apply in rare circumstances
- Green: Good options.
- Blue: Fantastic options, often essential to the function of your character.
The Half-Orc is a Heritage option for the Human Ancestry. However, unlike a typical Heritage, it grants access to a unique combination of Ancestry Feats: Human Feats, Orc Feats, and a small selection of exclusive Half-Orc Feats.
This article will not address Human Feats. For details on Human Feats, see the Human Handbook.
- Monstrous Peacemaker: A situational +1 bonus is not enough for a feat.
- Orc Ferocity: This will save your life. Being at one hit point means that you can fight on for another turn, or at least live to run away rather than bleeding out on the floor.
- Orc Sight: Darkvision is really good.
- Orc Superstition: +1 really isn't enough to justify a feat, especially since it takes your Reaction to activate, but "spells and magical effects" is a really broad category, which is tempting.
- Orc Weapon Familiarity: The only published Orc weapon is the Orc Necksplitter, which adds the Forceful trait to the battleaxe. Reducing the proficiency type from Advanced to Martial makes the Necksplitter more accessible to martial classes like Barbarian and Fighter, but I don't know if it's good enough to justify a feat.
- Orc Weapon Carnage: The critical specialization effects for axes and swords are decent, but you can definitely live without them.
- Victorious Vigor: The duration is too short unless your DM really likes to throw mobs of weak enemies at you.
- Pervasive Superstition: Removes the Reaction requirement from Orc Superstition, but you've not spent two feats for a situationa +1 bonus.
- Incredible Ferocity: Fantastic, but you shouldn't be falling to 0 hit points frequently enough to justify taking this.
- Orc Weapon Expertise: Only useful for characters who took Orc Weapon Familiarity and only get Simple weapons from their class.