Last Updated: October 15, 2022
THIS ARTICLE IS INCOMPLETE. I do this as a hobby, and unfortunately I haven’t been able to complete this article yet. If you want to see this article completed, please consider supporting RPGBOT on Patreon.
Players familiar with Pathfinder 1e should note that spell save DCs have changed since previous editions. Where in 1e your save DC included the level of the spell, in Pathfinder 2e your Spell Save DC is the same for any spell that you cast. If you cast a 1st-level spell one turn then a 9th-level spell the next, they will have the same save DC. Because of this change, low-level spells can remain fantastically useful at high levels.
RPGBOT uses the color coding scheme which has become common among Pathfinder build handbooks.
- : Bad, useless options, or options which are extremely situational. Nearly never useful.
- : OK options, or useful options that only apply in rare circumstances. Useful sometimes.
- : Good options. Useful often.
- : Fantastic options, often essential to the function of your character. Useful very frequently.
Table of Contents
- 1st-Level Spells
- 2nd-Level Spells
- 3rd-Level Spells
- 4th-Level Spells
- 5th-Level Spells
- 6th-Level Spells
- 7th-Level Spells
- 8th-Level Spells
- 9th-Level Spells
- 10th-Level Spells
Cantrips are a go-to, perpetual source of magical options. Cantrips are always heightened to half your level rounded up, so they’ll match the level of the highest-level spells that you can cast. This scaling keeps cantrips a reliable source of damage output at any level, though most spellcasters still want to rely on leveled spells when they suit the situation rather than counting on cantrips as your only source of damage output. Because your number of cantrips are limited, try to split your options between damage and other options. A spellcaster whose only capability damage is basically an archer with extra steps.
- : Situational. This requires a lot of buy-in from the GM in many cases, so it can be hard to use this effectively. If your GM does well with illusions, they’ll probably handle this well too.